Do you plan to do some shopping and sightseeing while on vacation? From fly fishing shops to outdoor retailers, Cody has everything you need for your Wild West adventures. Whether you are searching for one-of-a-kind gifts, Western decor, Indian crafts, antiques, or clothing, you are sure to find it here. We’ve put together a list of the best places for Cody, WY, shopping. Make sure to stop by a few of them during your next visit. When you take home all of your unique finds, you’ll be glad you did!
Once you check out the Cody, WY, shopping, make sure to explore the other great attractions in our historic town. Feel free to download our complimentary Vacation Guide for a complete list of restaurants, shops, and entertainment in town. It’s full of information about all of the best things to see and do during your stay at Monster Lake Ranch!
10 Cody, WY, Shops to Visit Soon
While there are many great places to go shopping in Cody, WY, here are a few of our top recommendations:
1. Yellowstone Gift Shop: The Yellowstone Gift Shop in Cody, WY, has been a long-time favorite for locals and visitors alike. Throughout the store, you’ll find pottery, jewelry, toys, collectibles, Indian artifacts, and more. This is a great place to look for souvenirs or unique gifts for friends and family back home.
2. Friends and Co. Quilt Shop: There are very few places that sell hand-stitched quilts these days, but you can find a great selection of them at Friends and Co. Quilt Shop. Take your time browsing through all of the colorful fabrics and detailed quilts. Or, sign up for one of their classes and learn how to create your own! If you can’t make it into the shop, you can also purchase from their online store.
3. Big Horn Galleries: No trip to Cody is complete without a stop at Big Horn Galleries. The gallery features an incredible array of fine art depicting wildlife and landscapes of the West. Find the newest centerpiece for your living room, gifts for loved ones, or simply stop by to admire the artwork.
4. North Fork Anglers: Are you planning to do some fishing in Cody? Make sure to check out the innovative flies and other gear at North Fork Anglers. Featured on ESPN and TNN Outdoor, this premier shop sells the latest technology in fly-fishing gear. After you visit the store, come enjoy the fly-fishing thrill of your life at Monster Lake Ranch.
6. Ferris Studio: If you are searching for Western jewelry, look no further than Ferris Studio. From intricate mosaic inlay jewelry to sterling silver, the store offers a wide array of quality treasures. Each piece is high-quality and there are many modern designs.
7. Custom Cowboy Shop: This family-owned tack and leather shop has been providing quality cowboy equipment to the town of Cody for the past 30 years. Custom Cowboy Shop in Cody, WY, is your one-stop-shop for Western gear. The store sells everything from clothing and jewelry to cowboy hats, holsters, and knives. They are also a full-service custom saddlery shop.
8. Cowtown Candy Co.: If you are out shopping with the kids, this is one stop you won’t want to miss! The Cowtown Candy Co. is famous for their homemade fudge, but their fresh cream and butter truffles are second-to-none. They also sell chocolate covered cherries, peanut brittle, seafoam, caramel apples, and a variety of other sweet treats.
9. Absaroka Bicycles: There’s nothing more thrilling than a mountain biking adventure along the Absaroka Range. Make sure to stop by this full-service bike shop before you go. They are open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
10. Sunlight Sports: Do you need gear for your outdoor adventures? Head over to Sunlight Sports for all of your hiking, running, and climbing needs. This family-owned specialty store is one of the oldest outdoor retailers in the nation and carries everything you need for a memorable vacation. You can also find ski and snowboard rentals, snowshoe rentals, and a variety of other winter gear at the store.
Book Your Stay at Monster Lake Ranch
After you’ve shopped to your heart’s content, come relax and unwind at Monster Lake Ranch. Our ranch is an easy 15-minute drive from downtown Cody. Each of our spacious guest rooms features the very best amenities and are designed with comfort in mind. During your stay, you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including bird hunting, fly-fishing, horseback riding, hiking, and more. Then, join us for a meal at Restaurant Bliss and see for yourself why it is considered one of the best places to eat in Cody, Wyoming. Check our availability and book your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon!